Step Forward delivered creative and sports activities for young people (aged 10 – 18 years) to help them to develop their confidence, motivation, skills and future employability. Those who wish could also gain coaching and training skills.
Since we launched the project in June 2015, hundreds of young people took part in sports workshops, fishing and laser clay shooting trips, art projects and seasonal activities.
Step Forward also offered training and volunteering opportunities to help young people:
- improve their health and well-being.
- boost their school performance.
- make positive decisions about education and training.
- develop skills that increase their chances of employment.
- make good career choices.
- mentor, coach and support others, and organise creative and sporting activities.
We worked closely with youth clubs, schools and social housing landlords to deliver activities and ensure that we reached out to a diverse group of young people in Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham and Havant areas.
Step Forward was a Big Lottery funded initiative led by South East Hampshire Community Outlook (SEHCO), a registered charity established to provide activities for young people living in social housing in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire.